I wanted to share one of my favorite coffee recipes. It’s cold, sweet and very very indulgent. In fact it is such a calorie bomb, that it is to be used only on occasions and with extreme caution, as it comprises of sweet black coffee, vanilla ice –cream and whipped cream with a little bit of amaretti biscuits crumbled on the top.
It is a very good excuse to have whipped cream and ice cream for breakfast or seriously sweeten up the afternoon. Though these days it’s my special Sunday treat, we’ve come up with this ice cream coffee idea as a “cherry on the top” following very long dinners I used to hold. Past midnight, when we were usually on the second or third cake, this was the kind of refreshment we were going for (and yes, after it, most of us were on no sweet regime for quite a while).
- 2 black coffees (large ones), chilled
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 15oml whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 amaretti biscuits, crumbled
- Whip the cream with the sugar.
- Divide the coffee between 2 glasses, sweeten with sugar according to the taste (while it is still warm).
- Add a scoop of ice cream to each, top with whipped cream and finish with some crumbled amaretti. Enjoy!